The Oakville Sewing Centre is proud to be one of the leading Canadian distributors for Bernina and Janome Sewing Machines, Sergers and Software, and Juki Sergers.
- Included in the machine sale is on-site warranty support. We also offer life time product support when you purchase your machine at the Oakville Sewing Centre.
- A sewing lesson (2 - 2 1/2 hours) is also available at a discounted price for all machines purchased for $1200 or less (before taxes).
- A FREE sewing lesson (2 - 2 1/2 hours) to machines at a sale price of $1200 or more (before taxes). Take advantage of the instruction available - it will enhance your sewing experience.
Please refer to our Refund/Exchange Policy before purchasing a machine.
Return Policy on Sewing Machines, Embroidery Machines, Sergers and Cover Stitch Machines
- Store Credit if machine is returned within 10 days in original packing material and has not been used or
- Partial refund (20% restocking fee will be deducted from entire purchase including taxes) if machine is returned within 10 days in original packing material and has not been used.
- If we deem that the machine has been used for whatever reason during the 10 days and/or the original packaging is not included, there will be NO refund.
- NO refund or credit for any machine returned 10 days after date of sale.
If machine is returned within 10 days due to manufacturer’s defect, the machine will be replaced. This determination will be made either by our factory trained technician or the manufacturer. If the problem is deemed to be user error and labour charges are incurred, the cost will be borne by the purchaser.
Trust the professionals to help you with your sewing needs.
We provide sales, service and training on these state-of-the-art sewing machines and sergers.
Our clientelle spans from beginners to experts, from hobbyists to pros. Come in and find the equipment that best suits your present and future sewing skills.
Our dealership agreements do not allow us to advertise machine sale prices on the Internet. However, we can tell you all about it on email. Be the first to know.
Join our Mailing List
Receive weekly updates of in-store specials, new workshops and store events.
We do machine repairs - LOTS of them
We do tune ups and repairs on all makes and models of sewing machines and sergers - in house. All machines must be at the store by noon on Saturday to be assessed that weekend - our trained technician is here only on Sunday, when the store is closed, and is not available to discuss individual repairs. All enquiries about repairs are handled by the Oakville Sewing Staff.
Machines that are repaired/tuned up on the weekend are ready for pick up the next Tuesday morning at 10:00 a.m. (we are closed on Monday)
- Basic tune up mechanical - $89.98 plus HST
- Basic tune up Computerized - $99.98 plus HST
- Basic tune up serger - $99.98 plus HST
- Basic Bench Charge for any repair - $50 plus HST
- Estimates - $40, which can be used toward repairs
Any parts or extraordinary repairs are extra. Customers will receive a call with the final charge prior to repair. A verbal authorization is required to proceed.
No appointment required.
Used and Donations
Thanks to all !!
We do not say "thanks" often enough to our loyal customers who support the store every day. Because of your support and generous donations of "previously loved" machines and fabrics, we are able to assist those less fortunate than us.
Below are photos of 2 of these endeavours.
Sewing Project in the Republic of Congo
They were sooo excited about these sewing machines - some of you may recognize your old machines.
Days for Girls Event at the store
Menstrual Kits so girls will not miss a week of school each month. Thanks Adriane Franklin for arranging all the wonderful volunteers for this successful sewing event.
It is great to be surrounded by such
kind, generous people.
We always have a good supply of used machines on hand. Please contact the store for specs/prices.
Over the past several years, Oakville sewing has has actively given dozens of Donated machines to communities in such places as the Dominican. While the programs have been successful, we are, at present, not accepting further donation machines ... we simply do not have the space. This program may be re-started in the future and we are grateful to those who have made contributions.