Stay tuned for
Worldwide Quilting Day
Special Events and pattern giveaways on that day.
Two Great Events coming soon
Super Sew Day is SOLD OUT!
"Large Bag of Tricks"
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 12, 2015
10:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Early Bird Special - $99 plus HST by Friday, March 6
$125 plus HST after March 6
Call store to register 905 844-2782
Sewing, quilting, embellishing.
We provide the machines, the fabrics ...... and LUNCH.
Bring a basic sewing kit with scissors, seam ripper etc. and we provide the rest.
Winter 2015 Workshop Schedule
Vagabond Ladies Bus Tour
You asked for it - it's finally here!
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Thanks to Jill Neal Gallery for this fabulous graphic - "Foreplay"
Vagabond Definition - a person who wanders from place to place without a permanent (quilting) home.
Synonyms - footloose, meandering (that's where stippling came from!!)
Join us on Saturday, April 11 for the
Vagabond Ladies Bus Tour
We have found 3 "exotic" quilting destinations for your quilting pleasure. Trip includes luxury bus coach with an entertaining driver, prizes, games, demonstrations of the latest quilting gadgets and of course - FOOD - lots of it!!
$75 plus HST
Register by phone early as seats are limited 905 844-2782
You can now register for a workshop ONLINE.
Click here for details
For your convenience, we are instituting an Online Registration and Payment system. We hope you will find it easy to use and encourage you to try it out. Here are the basics.
- Make sure that Cookies are enabled on your web browser.
- When you visit the "Workshops" page, a new button is available - "Online Purchase". Click the button will bring up the so-called Mobile Calendar with a blue "Login" button.
- Pressing the Blue Login button will bring you to the Registration and Login screen.
- Please refer to the notes on the login page for any more details.
- Once you have Registered, you can go through the many fun courses we offer, and when you find one you wish to attend, click on its "Purchase" button.
- When you are finished choosing courses, check out with the secure payment system.
See you in class!
Go to Workshops
Special Note for New Machine Purchasers
We love to assist our customers with their new machines. We offer formal classes that are 2 1/2 hours in duration for new machine owners. Some machine purchases qualify for a FREE lesson if the machine was purchased at the Oakville Sewing Centre in the last 12 months. All other purchases from the Oakville Sewing Centre in the past 12 months qualify for a class at a discount price. Call store for details.
Of course, we are available ANY TIME for assistance on your machine regardless of the model or the date of purchase.
We also do any warranty work that is needed on your machine if it was purchased from us.
Purchasing your machine from the Oakville Sewing Centre
has its rewards!!
Special Events - Plan Ahead
Want to learn, improve, and excel at sewing?
You have come to the right place. We not only sell top line machines by Bernina and Janome, but we show you how to use them to the fullest.
Friendly and frequent workshops, held right here, propel you forward to get the most out of your sewing machines and sergers.
We also have an extensive line of fabrics, updated every season, and all the knicks and knacks you need along the way.
Come visit us soon at the Oakville Sewing Centre.
To get the scoop on events and specials, join our emailing list. Your information is always private and for the sole use of Oakville Sewing.
Regular Store Hours
- Tuesday - Friday: 10am - 5:30pm
- Saturday: 10am - 4pm
- Closed Sunday & Monday
- We are located at:
- 448 Speers Road, - (beside Shoppers Home Health Care)
Oakville, Ontario L6K 2G3
We want to hear from you, but sometimes technology plays tricks on us and we do not receive your emails.
If you do not hear from us within 2 working days, please contact the store at:
Proud Distributor of &
We carry a huge assortment of quilting and fashion fabrics
Workshops for sewing machines and sergers
See our "Specials" page for current promotions.
About the Website
We have redesigned the website. Hope you like it. A few tips might be helpful:
- The main thrust of the update was to make our site more user friendly to those who visit us using smart phones and tablets. (Do let us know by email if your particular experience has problems.)
- To contact us be Email, click on the button at the bottom center of the screen. This will open your email program with a new email, addressed to us already to go.
- From your mobile device, you can click on the "Phone" tab, again at the bottom of the screen, to connect by cell.
- Our Facebook pages are just a click away on the bottom navbar.
- Location maps are bottom right to bring up a Google Map to our doors.
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon.